Lips filler by Kowayo

Thursday, October 5, 2017

A beautiful smile not only consist of a set of pearlie white teeth, the lips is a major factor too! 
Not everyone is blessed with the perfect lip texture, shape and volume and this is why many resort to intensive usage of lip stick, lip gloss and lip balms all the time to correct it. Ironically, some type of lip balm may actually make your lips even drier than before.
Some people are born with a thinner lips, some having a thicker upper lip than the lower ones and another with terribly chapped lips. (Like me.)

I’ve been living with my wounded lips due to my habit of peeling off the dry surface of my lips whenever it tries to heal for over 2 years. I couldn’t stop myself from touching it. It was a habit when I was little and things got better when I was introduced to makeup. 

Ever since I had my first lip balm, it grew into an obsession of buying more even before finishing any piece of it. Good thing, my lip were not peeling as bad anymore but.....this new obsession hurts my wallet. 

Well.... how did my lip-peeling obsession came back? 
Just one fine day, I decided to change my usual bag and I totally forgotten about my lip balm. My lips start to dry up as usual IN FEW HOURS.... my hands couldn’t help but starts finding the opening and peel the dry layers off causing it to bleed. Then, that wounded site forms a hard surface which I couldn’t take it either and peel that off too. So...... it has gone to an extend where I even had my lip balm on but my mind were still all about “pull it off!” 

Few weeks after my last session of fillers for my forehead, I was introduced to try out a lip filler which might help to solve these problem. 
This procedure were done by Dr Wong who is really attentive, easy-going and friendly! 

Dr Wong Kee Seng is a physician registered by Singapore Medical Council (SMC). He obtained his post-grad qualification MRCP from the Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom. With special interest in dermatology, he completed his study in Diploma of Practical Dermatology in Cardiff, UK. He is also a member of the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine. A seasoned veteran in the aesthetic arena, he will customize a set of fuss-free non-invasive procedures to achieve your desired results. Entrust your beauty needs in the hands of Kowayo Aesthetic Clinic today to rediscover your splendor.
This fillers that I’m doing would help to create a smoother and subtly plumper lips. 

They started off numbing my lips with the ice pack. As they do not recommend numbing cream for lip treatment. To be honest, I was really worried this time. But, when Dr Wong started inserting the needle, it wasn’t as painful as I thought. Pain rating: 4/10 consider a much fatter ant bite and it is bearable. 

Pain? Nothing beats the pain of an open wound on my lips before I had the fillers done and I had tomyum on the same day. Woohhh. (Don’t try) 

After every bit of fillers injected, he would pull the needle out, stand back and stare really hard just to make sure my lips look balance and good before increasing the ml. 

There are many types of dermal fillers that can be injected in your lips and around your mouth. But the most common fillers today are products that contain substances similar to hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in the body. It helps increase volume in your lips.

These types of dermal fillers are sometimes called "hyaluronic acid fillers."

Uses of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Hyaluronic acid fillers can improve the appearance of your lips by adding:
• Shape
• Structure
• Volume

The effects typically last around six months. After that more injections are needed to keep the volume of your lips.

Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Once injected, the gel in the filler supports and shapes the tissues of the lips.

The benefits of using hyaluronic acid fillers include:
Control over lip volume. The amount of substance injected can be controlled, so the doctor has better control over how much lip volume is created.

Here’s one before my lip filler. 
And after....visibly smoother & plumper. Not too full that makes me a Kylie’s double.
Side profile: before
And after!!

 My lips feels a lot smoother and I stopped touching my lips that often too!! Well, this is a good sign! My lips are healing and I like how it feels now. 

Having other concerns apart from your lips? You may also find out more via this link

1 Raffles link 01-03C
Singapore 039393
Email: enquiries@kowayo.com
http://kowayoaesthetic.com
Instagram: @kowayo_aessthetic
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kowayoaesthetic/
OPERATING HOURS
Mon - Fri 11:00am - 8:00pm Sat 11:00am - 6:00pm
Sun & PH Closed

3 comments: